Lectures on English as a Second Language From a Professor of Ohio University
On 30 November Jeffrey Kuhn – a professor of the Patton College of Education at Ohio University – will hold a series of lectures on using modern computer technologies for ESL Teaching and Learning.
Jeff Kuhn is an instructor and instructional designer in the Patton College of Education at Ohio University where he received his PhD in Educational Studies. His PhD work focused on instructional design and the use of classroom technology across educational contexts.
He has over ten years experience in the English as a Second/Foreign Language classroom including teaching in Japan and Mongolia. He is a frequent keynote speaker on the use of technology in the foreign language classroom and has worked with educators on instructional design challenges in Brazil, Czech Republic, Peru, and Bolivia. He also publishes and presents on the use of video games for learning, computer assisted language learning (CALL) and second language writing.
Professor Kuhn will give three lectures in our university:
- 9:00 – Blackboard Course Development: Maximizing the Affordances of Blackboard
- 10:40 – English 2.0 – Using CALL Tools for Language Study
- 13:10 – Video Games for Learning: From Theory to Practice
Who are these lectures for?
- For teachers and professors of all scientific fields who want to make their lessons more modern, interactive and versatile;
- For students who are willing to improve their knowledge of English in various ways;
- For all English-language-lovers who want to listen to a native speaker with academic American English language and to broaden their vocabulary.
It is necessary for all the participants to have Basic English language skills as al the lectures will be given in the English language only (without translation).
Looking forward to meeting you on the 30 November, at the GRIAT building (Chetaev str., 18a), 5 floor, office 505.
- International Affairs Office