Institute for Aviation Engineering and Technologies
Director: Prof. Sergey A. Mikhailov, ScDoctor in Engineering
Head of Technical Training Aids Department: Aleksandr A. Nosov, PhD in Engineering
Head of the Department for Strength and Aeroelasticity of Aircraft Structures: Evgeniy I. Nikolaev, PhD in Engineering
Lab Supervisor for Testing Strength and Reliability of Aircraft Vehicles: Stanislav M. Bastrakov, PhD in Engineering
Head of the Department for Air and Fluid Dynamics: Vladimir V. Zherekhov, Associate Professor, PhD in Engineering
Head of the Department for Transportation Vehicles Control Systems: Askar U. Alparov, Associate Professor, PhD in Engineering
The Institute for Aviation Engineering and Technologies (IAET) of Kazan State Technical University named after A.N. Tupolev was established as a structural subdivision of the University in December 2003 by the decision of the Academic Council and the order of G.L. Degtyarev, the University’s Rector.
IAET encompassed in its structure research and production departments of the University’s chairs, which were involved in R&D support of designing, manufacturing and operation of aircraft facilities.
Basic Subdivisions of the Institute:
1.) The Laboratory for Testing Strength and Reliability of Aircraft Structures is a base subdivision of the Chair for Aircraft Structural Mechanics that is engaged in studying aircraft strength, aircraft components, structural elements and materials. Thus, the following tests are performed at the Lab:
- - static and repeated-static tests;
- - tests for structural life, fatigue and survivability;
- - tribotechnical tests;
- - climatic tests.
2.) The Laboratory for Experimental Air Dynamics is a base subdivision of the Chair for Air and Fluid Dynamics. The focus areas of Laboratory’s work are:
- - theoretical and experimental modelling of dynamic interaction of bodies in unlimited and restricted flows of currents in a wide range of aerodynamic forces measurements;
- - research of aerodynamic features of high-lift wings, rotation bodies and development of numerical techniques;
- - research of fluid and gas flows with complicated physical and chemical properties and features in boundary conditions. Control of friction, heat exchange and mass formation;
- - differential and geometric structures and Lie groups in applications to continuum mechanics problems, dynamic systems and control processes.
3.) The Department for Technical Teaching Aids is involved in creating technical teaching aids for the “Ansat-U” training helicopter on the basis of state-of-the-art information technologies. This work is performed within the State Contract with the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and includes creating up-to-date teaching and training aids and posters, training computer classrooms and flight-control simulators.
4.) The Department for Transportation Vehicles Control Systems is engaged in developing up-to-date control systems for tools and vehicles of transport machine-building. Today the Institute is developing designs for the systems controlling transmission of heavy transportation vehicles for the relevant enterprises: “Promtractor” JSC (Cheboksary-city), “Kurganmachzavod” JSC (Kurgan-city). The control systems for complex lift-and-carry units are developed.
The Institute is licensed to carry out scientific research and experimental designs in the following fields:
- - testing aircrafts, including dual-purpose aircrafts;
- - developing aircrafts, including dual-purpose aircrafts;
- - developing weapons and military equipment.
The scientific potential of IAET, up-to-date technical facilities and high professional skills of its teaching faculty and staff enable to find quick and efficient solutions to many scientific and technical problems that arise during developing state-of-the art aircrafts and machine-building products.
Address: 28/17 Gorkiy Str. (Academic Building No. 4), Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian federation
Telephone/Fax: +7 (843) 236-77-41